Saturday, May 12, 2012

Turkish Get Ups and Deadlifts

So I have officially made it through my first WOD and I have to say I am pretty dang proud of myself. So here is what we did:
WARM-UP
400M RUN
20 DEADLIFTS (BAR)
20 GOODMORNINGS (BAR)
DYNAMIC STRETCHES


STRENGTH (1 LIFT EVERY 3 MIN- 15 MIN TIME CAP)

5X3 - DEADLIFT @ 75% OF YOUR 1RM
(MUST RETURN TO THE FLOOR W THE DEAD-LIFT)

WOD
3 ROUNDS
15 TURKISH GETUPS RIGHT ARM
15 TURKISH GETUPS LEFT ARM
15 KB SWINGS



 I had looked the WOD before going to "the box" and thought, hmm that doesn't look so bad, I can do that. Boy was I wrong! Turkish Getups OMG!! They were so freaking hard , everyone looked like a bunch of zombies performing them. After 15 Turkish Getups on each arm the kettle bell swings were like a walk in the park. I am taking off this weekend and I plan on going to Crossfit Monday through Friday. 
 So yesterday during the warm up Mike had me start with 65 lb. deadlifts then he said "look at you you're a professional, let's add 20 more pounds to that bar." I am pretty competitive  and a bit of a dork so I love, love, love to hear I am doing a good job!  I never thought I could do 85 pound deadlifts but now that I have, I feel pretty bad ass about it! As far as the 25 minutes to complete the workout of the day I was able to finish two complete rounds plus 11 more Turkish Getups on the right arm. Every. Single. Turkish. Getup. Was. TORTURE!  But, apparently 
 I am a fan of torture and a pretty big one at that. I am not sure what it is but I am pretty sure I am loving this. I hope this passion stays because I am right on the cusp of becoming the best possible me that I can be! Every time I leave class I feel like I have completed a major accomplishment. I am very lucky to have Sean, Steve, Mike and Molly as  coaches.
  Yesterday Molly did 9 yes 9 Muscle Ups.... she is a monster! Mike was using a 70lb kettle bell for his Turkish Getups.. Bad ass. I used 13 lbs and wanted to die. I think for Monday I am going to try my hardest not to check out the WOD before I go, I think it might be better that way. Here is yesterday's board...


If you live in Long Beach I would highly recommend checking out Crossfit KOB!!! http://www.crossfitkingofthebeach.com/








No comments:

Post a Comment