Thursday, May 3, 2012

Elements Day 3

      So before I started Crossfit KOB, I had been driving past it for months trying to talk myself, and everyone I could think of into joining with me. No one was taking the bait. Just the thought of visiting this place was intimidating to me, but I gave myself a pretty good pep talk one sunny December day and stopped in.  I met Sean and he seemed like a really nice guy but I still wasn't ready to bite the bullet.  If only I could find a friend to go with me I would do it. But nobody was willing to take the plunge and inevitably, I chickened out. 
      Even though I did not join, every time I drove by, I felt a pang of guilt for not going through with it, but the pang was not big enough for me to brave it solo. Then one glorious April day my friend Jenn finally bit that stale old bait I had dangled in December.   We were both petrified about the commitment we were about to make, but at the same time we were chomping at the bit for the challenge.  For me, I was I need of a little change. I knew it was time correlate my physical and mental self. I knew I was a strong person emotionally and I felt it was time to be a strong person physically too. A week after Jenn texted me we were signed up for out first Elements class. We were scared sh*tless and we still are but I’m thinking this just might be one of the best decisions we’ve  ever made.

    So here we are on day three and I honestly thinking I am falling hard for Crossfit KOB. What makes me so sure, is that even after a super challenging day, I still can’t wait till Elements 4 on Monday.  The thing that really gets me about Crossfit is the constant challenge. It is an amazing feeling to do something you never thought you could. So even though I did not come close to mastering the kipping pull up, I had a lot of fun trying. So far Crossfit does not disappoint and all I want is more. Today I asked Sean, “ How many days a week should I come once elements is over?’
         His response, “5 or 6, trust me you are not gonna want to come less than that.”  And ya know what, I believe him.
 It feels good to be on the board, I can't wait to graduate! I'm a dork I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment